Visitors have an opportunity to monitor the migration of Bald Eagles during the winter or activities of the American White Pelican and other waterbirds in the summer. Located at Lock and Dam 13.\
After clicking on button below it will ask you for the following information. You only need to do this one time.
Eagle counts are performed each week beginning the first week of December each year. These numbers are entered on a weekly basis. The count is performed at all of the locks on the same day of the week at the same time of the day. You can get all the eagle data by visiting Corps in Engineers website. We have included the numbers for this year so far. It’s been an outstanding eagle viewing year.
- 01/25/2013 – Cold conditions have brought hundreds of eagles to the dam. Approximately 350 eagles can be seen.
- 03/01/2013 – Approximately 40 eagles can be seen feeding on fish.
- 03/11/2013 – Not much happening at the Dam anymore for eagles. Pelicans have been spotted.
- 03/25/2013 – Eagles are heading north.
- 11/ 29/ 2013 Eagles have landed. Approximately 150
- 12/12/2013 Approximately 1,100 eagles are at the L&D.
- 11/27/2012 – It has been a gorgeous fall so far and the Eagles are not in high concentrations yet.
- 12/22/2012 – Snow and cold temperatures finally came to region and the eagles are starting to congregate at the Lock and Dam.