Visitors have an opportunity to monitor the nesting activities of our Peregrine Falcons, Pebbles and Bam Bam, located on top of the Consolidated Grain Elevator in Savanna, Illinois. 2015 something happened to Bam Bam, for he never returned to the box.
Camera will be online in March 2017
After clicking on button below it will ask you for the following information. You only need to do this one time.
- No activity at the box this year.
- 03/14/2015 = Female arrived at nest box
- 5 eggs were laid, however they were infertile due to no Male
- Hoping Female finds another male for next year.
- 03/09/2014 – Male arrived at nest box
- 03/14/2014 – Male and Female both at box
- 03/28/2014 – 1st egg was laid
- 03/31/2014 – 2nd egg was laid
- 04/02/2014 – 3rd egg was laid
- 04/04/2014 – 4th egg was laid
- 04/06/2014 – 5th egg was laid
- 05/08/2014 – 1st eyas arrived
- 05/09/2014 – 2nd and 3rd eyas arrived.
- 02/08/2013 – Both Falcons have been seen around the box.
- 03/25/2013 – Female has been busy making her nest bowl. It won’t be long now.
- 03/28/2013 – 1st egg was laid. on March 28th
- 03/30/2013 – 2nd egg was laid. Incubation has begun and typically ranges from 29-32 days.
- 04/01/2013 – 3rd egg was laid.
- 04/03/2013 – 4th egg was laid.
- 04/07/2013 – 5th egg was laid.
- 04/19/2013 – Hatching should occur during the last week of April and the first week of May.
- 05/08/2013 – 2 Eyas hatched.
- 06/04/2013 – 2 Eyas are banded. Both young have been moving in and out of the box. Soon, they’ll be trying out their wings.
- 02/03/2012 – Peregrine Falcon Box Camera is installed.
- 02/03/2012 – Male Peregrine arrived back at the nesting box.
- 03/03/2012 – Both Pair have returned and are checking out the box.
- 03/23/2012 – 1st egg was laid.
- 03/25/2012 – 2nd egg was laid.
- 03/27/2012 – 3rd egg was laid.
- 03/29/2012 – 4th egg was laid.
- 05/04/2012 – The first 3 eyases hatched.
- 05/30/2012 – Two Eyases are banded.
- 06/16-2012 – Two Eyases fledged.
- Successfully fledged and banded 5 eyases
- 02/01/2010 – Nest box was placed on top of the Consolidated Grain Elevator in Savanna, Illinois. The Peregrines moved in immediately and setup home.
- Successfully fledged and banded 4 eyases.