Visitors have an opportunity to monitor the nesting activities of our Eagles, Hope and Valor II.
- Video feeds come from our streaming video server.
- You may need to install/enable Java or Active X.
- Our server will only handle a limited number of simultaneous users.
- If you are unable to connect, wait a few minutes and try again.
- Please be considerate of other users and don’t leave the feed running on your desktop unattended.
- 2/12/2015 Pair of Eagles were seen copulating.
- 2/13/2015 Camera activated
- The pair has been coming back to the nest periodic throughout the day.
- The nest where the current camera is located is now a feeding platform. They are using the nest that they used in 2013. Maybe next year we will have an actually eagle cam on an active nest.
- 2004 – The nest and eggs were destroyed by high winds.
- 2005 – The nest and eggs were destroyed by high winds.
- 2006 – One mate died after flying into an electrical power line. The other mate abandoned the nest and eggs.
- 2007 – Two young fledged.
- 2008 – Three young fledged.
- 2009 – One chick fledged, but flew into an electrical power line and died.
- 2010 – Three chicks fledged.
- 2011 – The nest was relocated and webcam installed. Wooden supports were added to the old nest for stability.
- 2011 – Eggs were laid, but parents abandoned nest. The tree collapsed in June, due to wind.
- 2012 – Nest was rebuilt in old location, near Lock and Dam 13. Two eggs were laid and eventually hatched. Behavior of male (Valor) indicated that he was young and didn’t know exactly what to do. He had limited interest in incubation and feeding. Both eggs hatched, but each eaglet at 3 days old perished.
- 2013 – New nest location. Three adults were around nest. Behavior indicated that Valor I was replaced with Valor II. The pair successfully raised 2 eaglets.
- Working on moving camera to new location. We need to raise some money to purchase electrical wire.
- Camera was placed in mid November, 2013 at nest location. However, there are several new nests being built. We are waiting to see where they settle before proceeding with camera setup.
- 2014 – unable to see nest due to vegetation